Fr. Volodymyr Krayewsky established the Mariyska Druzyna in 1967. Its purpose is to seek personal sanctity through a special devotion to the Mother of God and the reception of Holy Communion. Monthly meetings are held with lectures on religious topics.
Over the years, the members have assisted in decorating the altar, preparing Christmas and Easter dinners, parish picnics and Bazaars, and Ukrainian embroidery socials. They have made pilgrimages to a number of Marian Shrines.
The Ukrainian Gift Shop was organized by the group at the former church location, and is now established as a full–fledged shop at the Shrine Center.
Since its inception, the Mariyska Druzyna has contributed many dollars to the Ukrainian Catholic National Shrine of the Holy Family.
Interested persons can contact Mrs. Theresa Caryk at 301-840-1713.